Compare us to the competition and we think you will agree that 1st Choice CPE is the BEST choice for
Quality, Value and Convenience!
The number of online self-study CPE courses for Certified Public Accountants and other financial professionals has dramatically increased in the last few years.
The following checklist has been prepared to assist you in comparing CPE providers.
Compare the total cost. Some self-study CPE can include the following "hidden" costs:
- Study materials
- Shipping and handling
- Expedited shipping
- Grading fee and re-grading fee if you don't pass
- Expedited grading fee (if you need quick turn-around)
- Does the CPE provider offer online self-study CPE with the flexibility to complete the course from your own home, at your own pace and when you have the time?
- Does the CPE provider offer immediate online grading of exams or do you have to fax or mail in your answer sheet?
- Does the CPE provider offer immediate student initiated printing of Certificate of Completion after passing the exam?
1st Choice CPE offers the ultimate in convenience for online CPA CPE. We provide immediate online grading and certificates of completion. No waiting or mailing back and forth!
- Do the courses show a revision date, or a last date updated? Courses should be reviewed and updated at least annually.
- Are the publications from reputable quality sources?
- What credentials do course/exam writers have?
- Is there a CPA on staff to review and oversee course administration and accuracy?
Our formal self-study CPE programs help CPA's stay abreast of changes in the accounting profession by using monthly trade publications, best selling book or other online resources from well known organizations. All exams are written and reviewed by CPA's.
- Is the CPE provider's website professional in appearance and easy to navigate?
- Does the CPE provider's website offer a state acceptance listing for CPA's? (CPA state requirements are often confusing and ambiguous, and can change frequently. State acceptance listings can vary from one CPE provider to another due to interpretations of the requirements or infrequent updating. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to be aware of your state's requirements.)
- Does the CPE website provide secure checkout with the highest level SSL certificate to protect your identity?
Whenever providing personal information online, always verify that the site provides a private SSL certificate.
We have chosen to use Paypal, one of the best known, and most secure online payment processing companies, which uses the highest level SSL (secure sockets layer) certificate available.